If you have sustained a serious injury to your shoulder, or just have annoying shoulder pain, you may consider looking into physical therapy. Conventional physical therapy may help you control short-term symptoms, but does it actually address the cause of your issue? The doctors at One80 Physical Therapy® see various types of shoulder issues on a daily basis. Their focus is on finding the root cause of pain and dysfunction, attacking that root cause, giving you a specific program to use at home and educating you on what caused your pain in the first place.
Some of the common shoulder issues we treat with the patent-pending One80 System®
- Impingement syndrome – This injury occurs when the tendons of the rotator cuff muscles, and sometimes the related bursa, become irritated and inflamed due to overuse and overpressure. This issue can be complicated by bone spurs.
- Rotator cuff tears – This is an injury of one or more of the tendons or muscles of the rotator cuff. Occurring as the result of a sudden force or gradually over
- Tendonitis and bursitis – This typically happens after periods of upper extremity overuse when shoulder mechanics are off. This leads to some muscles working too hard causing their tendons to be irritated and possible bursa compression.
- Dislocations – When the head of the humerus comes out of the shoulder joint causing pain and instability. Severe dislocations can include labral and rotator cuff tears along with possible nerve damage.
- Subluxations and instability – Occurs when the shoulder partially dislocates giving the sensation of “sliding” out. If left untreated, frequency and severity can increase.
- Frozen shoulder– This is when the capsule surrounding the glenohumeral joint becomes irritated, tight and unable to move. When left untreated, bands of scar tissue form causing loss of motion and pain.
Because One80 Physical Therapy® can quickly restore normal neuromuscular function, we are able to maximize natural shoulder biomechanics. This is what speeds the return of full range of motion, gross strength and stability, allowing patients to return to normal sports, activities, work and daily activities. Typically, One80 patients are able to avoid surgery, injections, lengthy amounts of time out of action and rounds of medications while being treated for shoulder issues.
If you are experiencing shoulder pain and would like to learn how One80 Physical Therapy® can help you get back in the game of life, call (970) 593-9300 today for a FREE CONSULTATION. Let us show you why One80 is the opposite of everything you’ve tried before.