Foot and ankle injuries are some of the most common that the doctors at One80 Physical Therapy® see, especially among athletes and active individuals. In addition to being fairly common injuries, they are also incredibly debilitating since we use our feet and ankles to walk and perform everyday activities. Fortunately, the doctors at One80 are skilled in reversing these injuries and getting patients back on their feet quickly.
Some of the most issues we treat with the patent-pending One80 System® include:
- Plantar Fasciitis – People dealing with this affliction complain of a heel and/or arch pain due to the band (known as the plantar fascia) becoming irritated.
- Sprains and strains – This can be an acute or chronic issue that results in the ligaments becoming overstressed and irritated.
- Fractures– This is when one or more of the bones is broken.
- Neuroma – This can occur when the foot becomes unable to play during weight bearing (typically from wearing tight shoes) causing the nerves between the metatarsals to become pinched.
- Bunion – This is a bony bump that is found at the base of the big toe joint. It causes the big toe to turn towards the second toe, resulting in both pain and discomfort
- Achilles Tendonitis– This occurs when the Achilles tendon becomes overused and inflamed
- Achilles Rupture – This is when the Achilles tendon either partially or completely tears. This typically happens due to a sudden change of direction or landing from a jump.
- Metatarsalgia –When someone is experiencing pain and irritation on the bottom of the forefoot it is considered metatarsalgia.
- Stress Fractures – Stress fractures are tiny breaks in the bone that usually occur because of repetitive stress to the area.
- Sesamoiditis – There are tiny bones that are actually inside of the big toe flexor tendon. These can be irritated by overuse or direct trauma and cause annoying pain when walking.
If you are experiencing foot and/or ankle pain and would like to learn how One80 Physical Therapy® can help you get back in the game of life, call (970) 593-9300 today for a FREE CONSULTATION. Let us show you why One80 is the opposite of everything you’ve tried before.